Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Laura's Chicken

One of my co-workers made this for me for my birthday dinner last October and it was SO flavorful that I just had to have the recipe. I was quite surprised when she gave me the recipe! I made this last night and it was a huge hit. I really think the best part is the sauce over creamy mashed potatoes. My mouth water just thinking of how tasty it is! I am not a big fan of bell peppers, so I just omit that particular ingredient when I'm preparing this tasty dish.

Laura's Chicken

4 - 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, each cut into thirds
2 TBSP olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped (optional)
4 ribs celery, finely chopped
Tony Chacheres Creole Seasoning
5 packages McCormick's turkey gravy mix
6 cups water

In a large skillet heat olive oil (I use my electric skillet for this dish). Add veggies and sauté over medium to medium-high heat until tender, about five minutes. Remove veggies from skillet. Season chicken pieces with Tony Chacheres Creole seasoning and brown in skillet. While meat is browning mix the 5 packets of McCormick's turkey gravy mix with 6 cups of water (I use my 8 cup glass measuring cup for this). Add the celery, red pepper and onion to the gravy mix and stir well. When chicken is browned on both sides add the turkey gravy/water/veggie mix. Cover and simmer approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. This is good with rice, mashed potatoes or egg noodles. Serves 6.

We had this with rice and grilled asparagus last night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.