Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Grillled Asparagus

I use a grill pan that goes right over my gas burners on my stove to make this delicious side dish. Just be sure to stay on top of it as you don't want it to overcook. I love my asparagus cooked to a crisp-tender.

I must tell you how I came to discover asparagus and all its goodness. My hubby and I were eating lunch about 7 years ago at a bistro called Bistro Biagio. his meal came with these luscious looking green stalks that beckoned to me. Now, up until this point in my life I had zero desire to try asparagus. I looked at hubby and said "My, that looks good". The poor, naive man said "Would you like to try a bit?". I ate his entire order of asparagus! I had never tasted a vegetable as delicious as this was. I was in epicurean Heaven! I immediately went home and found recipes for cooking my new-found love!

Grilled Asparagus

1 bunch asparagus (the thicker stalks work better for ts dish)
Olive oil
Sea salt
Thoroughly oil your grill. Heat grill to medium high. Wash and dry asparagus and trim off woody ends. Coat asparagus with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and then place on grill. Grill approximately 5 minutes and then turn to other side and grill until just fork tender. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.