Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sausage Gravy

This morning I was inspired to make my honey biscuits with sausage gravy. He just loves this for breakfast and it's something I almost NEVER make because it's something I just don't eat...but hubby LOVES it! I got this sausage gravy recipe from The Noble Pig website and they got it from Cuisine at Home. It was declared a success by all who partook in it this morning! I'm sorry that I forgot to take a picture of this meal :(

Sausage Gravy
From the Noble Pig who credits Cuisine at Home for the recipe

4 strips thick-sliced bacon, diced
1 lb breakfast pork sausage
1 TBSP minced fresh sage
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3-1/2 cups whole milk
Black pepper to taste

Cook bacon in saute pan over medium heat. When bacon is nearly crisp, stir in sausage and sage breaking up any chunks with a spoon. Cook sausage until browned, 8-10 minutes. Transfer bacon and sausage to a bowl; reserve drippings.

Sprinkle flour into hot drippings while whisking to remove lumps. Whisk until mixture thickens and begins to brown. Whisk in milk. Cook gravy over medium-high heat, whisking until thickened and flour taste is eliminated, about 15 minutes. Season gravy with pepper to taste. Stir bacon and sausage into gravy; serve with buttermilk biscuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.