Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 4, 2010

Lasagna

My lasagna dish has always been in high demand by my family, so I thought it was high time I added the recipe. I have a Mexican style version that I make, where I add chorizo to the beef, and chopped spinach to the sauce, and olives in the layers. I also switch up the cheese. There is almost a mutiny in the house when I make that version instead of this one! lol. I got this recipe from the back of a package of Golden Grain Lasagna noodles many years ago.

Traditional Lasagna

1 yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 TBSP olive oil
1 lb ground beef
2 cans (15 oz each) Marinara sauce (I like Golden Grain) OR your own spaghetti sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pkg (8 oz) lasagna noodles
1 lb Mozzarella or Monterey jack cheese, sliced thin
4 - 6 eggs, hard boiled and sliced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated - PLEASE DON'T USE THE CRAP IN THE GREEN CAN!!

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil; add ground beef and brown. Season beef with salt and peper. Drain off excess fat. Stir in Marinara sauce and simmer for 15 minutes. Cook Lasagna noodles as directed on package. Layer in 2 quart (11 x 7") baking dish: sauce, Lasagna, sliced cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers; top with sauce and cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400°F for 20 minutes. Serve with a nice green salad and garlic bread...and of course, a full-bodied red wine. Maybe a nice Cab or Merlot? Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.