Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken

This recipe turned out AMAZING!!! I originally found it on Pinterest. From there I followed it to the http://www.tablefortwoblog.com, where she called it Crockpot Honey Bouron Chicken - but there is no bourbon in it, so I'm changing the name to Crock Pot Honey Sesame Chicken When my husband tried this he said it was restaurant quality. My daughter-in-law and her mom have both made it since and they love it to! It is SO good and SO easy!

CROCK POT HONEY SESAME CHICKEN
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 5
Salt & pepper
1 cup honey
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce (I use regular)
1/4 cup ketchup (I wanted to leave this out so badly! lol...but I didn't)
2 TBSP vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup diced onion
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Cornstarch
Sesame Seeds

Place the chicken thighs in crockpot and sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides. In a medium sized bowl, combine honey, soy sauce, ketcup, oil, garlic, onion and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine well. Pour over the chicken in the crockpot. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 1 1/2 - 2 1/2 hours. When done, removed chicken from crockpot and cut into chunks. Prior to putting the chicken back in the crockpot, combine some cornstarch in water and whisk it into the crockpot to thicken up the sauce. Put the chicken back in and stir to recoat the chicken with sauce. Serve hot over a bed or white rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds. I doubled this recipe (except I kept ketchup at 1/4 cup as I have a thing about ketchup lol) and it turned out just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.