Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Italian Chicken with Cream Sauce

I was on Facebook recently, and a friend was looking for a boneless chicken Crock Pot recipe. I realized that not only had I NOT put this recipe on my blog, but that I hadn't made it in a while...and it's now going to be our dinner. Thanks, Steph!This chicken dish is rich, creamy and oh so tasty! The chicken is cooked in the Crock Pot in a mixture of water and Italian salad dressing mix. The cream sauce consist of cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and mushrooms. It’s delicious served over fettuccine noodles with a garden salad on the side.

Italian Chicken with Cream Sauce for the Crock Pot

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
½ cup water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 can (10½ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can mushrooms, drained (optional)
16 oz fettuccine, cooked and drained

Place the chicken in the crock pot. Mix the salad dressing mix with the water and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for about 3 hours. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and soup until blended. Stir in the mushrooms and pour mixture over the chicken. Cook about 1 hour longer. Serve over the cooked fettuccine.

OK...I was just looking through my older blog posts and I DID post this recipe back in September 2010. Sorry for the duplicate!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.