Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 1, 2011

Crustless Quiche

Yesterday I decided to make a crustless quiche to celebrate Kyle (my middle son) and Beth coming home from West Virginia. I wanted to use ingredients that I had at the house since I was still in pajamas....and my local grocery store is opposed to me showing up in a state of undress. And we were all hungry and wanted to eat NOW. All 3 of us worked together in the kitchen and turned out this amazing dish!!! My hubby told me not to change a single thing about it so it will always taste this great lol!


Crustless Quiche

12 slices bacon
12 eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1 bunch green onions, sliced
1 large tomato, diced
1 cup cheddar cheese (I used Canadian Black Diamond Cheddar Cheese - amazing stuff
1 cup Mexican 4 blend shredded cheese (You could use Monterey Jack Cheese as well)

Preheat oven to 325°F. Fry the bacon until it is crisp. Cut bacon into pieces. In a large bowl break 12 eggs; add the sour cream. Mix well with whisk. Slice the green onion bunch. Be sure to set aside about 2 TBSP to use as a garnish. Chop the tomato and also set aside about 2 TBSP for garnish. Pour the egg mixture into a greased 13 x 9" pan. Sprinkle bacon evenly over the mixture. Repeat this with the green onions and tomatoes and cheeses. Bake for 30 minutes or until set in center. Garnish with the reserved 2 TBSP of tomatoes and green onions. Serves 6-8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.