Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Spicy Peanut-Crusted Chicken

This morning was the orientation for my son's culinary school. Oh how I wish I were going!! When I say that people will ask my why in the world do I need to go lol. BUT I love learning and I love cooking - what could be more perfect!!

Tonight's dinner is going to be Spicy Peanut-Crusted Chicken. I will let you know how it goes but the recipe sure looked yummy.

Spicy Peanut-Crusted Chicken

2-4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 TBSP cilantro (coriander leaves), finely chopped
1 TBSP fresh ginger, finely chopped
1/2 tsp hot red pepper flakes, or to taste
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
3 lbs or so chicken, cut up, skin left on
1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
2 scallions (spring onions), fgreen and white parts, finely chopped
1 TBSP soy sauce

Combine the garlic, cilantro, ginger, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir to combine. Rub the mixture under the skin of the chicken pices and placed them, skin-side up, in a broiler pan. Place under a pre-heated broiler about 8" from the flame and cook until the skin is nicely browned, about 12 minutes. Turn the chicken pieces over and broil until the juices run clear. The wings and legs will be done before the thighs and breasts, so you'll want to remove these first. Turn the chicken skin-side up again and bate with a little of th pan juices. Combine the peanuts, scallions and soy sauce in a small bowl and sprinkle over the chicken. Return to the broiler and cook until the topping is golden brown, about 3 minutes.

OK...this was SO good! Here is what I did a bit different. When I mixed together the mixture that goes under the skin, I added just a little bit of olive oil to make it more "pliable". Not sure that's the word I wanted lol. Now, if I would have had peanut oil or sesame oil I would have added that instead. I also made almost twice as much of the peanut mixture, so I added about twice as much soy sauce. Other than that I stuck to the recipe. The stuffing mixture was the PERFECT amount just as it was for a whole, cut up chicken. Every body love this and I will definitely make it again. I am sorry that I forgot to take a photo of it so I will photograph it next time I make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.