Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Lacon Asado (Roasted Pork Shoulder)

Ok...it has been WAY too long since I've blogged here - and I've missed it. I became inspired again by going to the movies to see Julie and Julia. I truly enjoyed the movie!

Tonight's dinner is Roasted Pork Shoulder.

Roasted Pork Shoulder (Lacon Asado)

1/4 cup olive oil
6-8 cloves garlic
2 bay leaves
3 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
1 TBSP dried oregano
1 TBSP paprika
1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped, or 1/2 tsp dried
1 tsp fresh thyme, or 1/2 tsp dried
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
4-6 lb pork shoulder
1 cup dry sherry, white wine, or water (I used Dry Sherry)

Combine the olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt, and pepper in an electric blender or food processor (I used my Bamix - I LOVE that thing!) and puree to make a paste. Prick the pork roast all over with the tip of a sharp knife and rub the herb mixture into the meat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate for 12 - 24 hours (I did mine for about 22 hours). Place in a roasting pan and bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 20 minutes. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 25 minutes per pound. Pour the sherry (or white wine or water) over the roast about 30 minutes before it is done, and allow the roast to rest at room temperature for at least 15 minutes before serving. Serves 6 to 8.

It is resting right now. I will let you know how it tasted later this evening!

Ok...This was given a HUGE thumbs up by all at the table. Knives weren't even needed, the meat was so tender. This is a definite do-again! I'm only sorry my dear friends, Jahn and Deb, weren't able to make it to dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.