Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, July 24, 2015

Tonight's dinner was.....

Pan Fried Steak with baked potatoes and sauteed Swiss chard! Man oh man was this a great dinner. I don't eat red meat as much as I used to anymore, and this steak was just perfect. I pan-seared it in my cast iron skillet with just a bit of vegetable oil. The trick to getting that gorgeous sear is to let the cast iron skillet warm up with NOTHING in it for 10 minutes, then add about 1 TBSP of vegetable oil and your steaks (season well with salt & pepper...I also add garlic powder). Fry on one side for 5 minutes, and then turn....3 minutes on the 2nd side for rare, 4 minutes for medium rare and 5 minutes for medium (Of course, this will also depend on how thick your steaks are. After the steaks were cooked I made a Dijon sauce to go with it. The Swiss chard I sauteed in some butter, and then added some fresh minced garlic and crushed red pepper. Once it was wilted down and squeezed fresh lemon juice on it....so refreshing!

I am sorry I didn't take photos. I was really hungry and just wanted to dig in once it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.