Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Corned Beef and Cabbage

This year I cooked my Corned Beef and Cabbage in the Crock Pot. It was tasty and tender. I am opposed to tough Corned Beef ;). Here is the recipe (again, from allrecipes.com).

Corned Beef and Cabbage
1 (3 lb) corned beef brisket with spice packet, cut in half (I leave whole but I have a large Crock Pot)
1 medium onion, cut into wedges
4 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered (I use about 10 small, red onions, skins left on and kept whole)
1 lb baby carrots
3 cups water
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 bay leaf
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP cider vinegar
1/2 tsp pepper
1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges

Place the corned beef in bottom of a 5 quart slow cooker. Add onion, potatoes and carrots. Combine water, garlic, bay lear, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until meat and vegetables are tender. Remove corned beef and vegetables to a platter and cover with foil. Place cabbage in Crock Pot and cook until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. If you like soggy cabbage, then add it in with the other vegetables, but my prefence is crisp-tender cabbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.