Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, November 27, 2011

The Gravy!

This gravy is just fantastic! It goes very fast as everyone loves it!


MARTHA STEWART'S TURKEY GRAVY RECIPE

Roasting pan juices from your turkey (I make me turkey over a mirepoux of carrots, celery and onions and 2 cups chicken stock and I baste my turkey with butter - See my turkey cooking recipe above)
1 cup (240 ml) dry white wine (I prefer a Chardonnay, but she prefers a Riesling)
4 1/2 cups (1.08 l) Giblet Stock (I simmer my giblets and the neck bone in about 6 cups (1.44 l) of chicken stock and water (about 1/2 water and 1/2 stock) for about 2 hours)
6 TBSP (90 ml) all-purpose flour
2 TBSP (30 ml) unsalted butter

Remove vegetables from roasting pan and discard. Pour pan juices into a glass measuring cup or gravy separator, and let stand until separated, about 10 minutes. Pour off fat. Place roasting pan over 2 burners on medium heat. Add wine, and simmer, stirring and scraping pan constantly for 2 minutes. Add the reserved juices and 4 cups (960 ml) of the stock (reserve 1/2 cup (120 ml)of the stock), and bring to a simmer. Meanwhile, whisk together the remaining 1/2 cup (120 ml) of stock and the flour in a bowl until smooth. Whisking constantly, slowly add flour mixture to the pahn. Simmer until gravy is reduced by half and coats the back of a spoon, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat, add butter, and swirl pan until it has melted. Pour through a fine sieve, discarding solids. Serve immediately or keep warm over low heat. Now I will add the meat from the neck bone at this point as I love it in gravy.. Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.