Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ranch Dressing Recipe

OK...I know it's been FOREVER since I posted. Sorry - life has been hectic beyond belief...but I'm glad to be busy, quite frankly. I just wish I had more time for my hobbies.

Recently a co-worker had brought some homemade ranch-style dressing to work. I took one taste and fell in love. She told me she got it from the Food Network. Well, when I went to their site there was a few recipes. After looking through them, I decided to try this one - and it was the correct recipe. SO yummy - very little work and great payoff!

Ranch Dressing

1 clove garlic sliced
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 TBSP minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 TBSP minced fresh chives
1 scallion (white and green parts), thinly sliced
1 tsp white wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper

Smash the garlic clove, sprinkle with the salt, and, with the side of a large knife, mash and smear the mixture to a coarse paste. Scrape the paste into a small bowl, add the remaining ingredients, and whisk well to make a creamy dressing. Use immediately or refrigerate in a tightly sealed container for up to 3 days. Makes about 1 1/3 cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.