Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, February 20, 2009

Eastern Beef Casserole

Well I have been a TOTAL slacker. I should probably give you several recipes to make up for my lack of posting. I have just been CRAZY busy. Actually, I should be doing other things right now, but I have missed blogging and really wanted to get to that today.

This recipe is a childhood favorite of mine! My mother got the recipe from her sister, who was my FAVORITE aunt! So this recipe is extra-special. It couldn't be simpler and my husband just LOVES it, as do the boys...and my very picky 91 year old mother-in-law!

This note was added 9-23-12: For the story of my precious aunt, look for her Lazy Jane Casserole recipe I posted on 10-4-10. RIP, Aunt Gail. I love you so much!

Eastern Beef Casserole
1 large onion, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
3/4 cup rise, uncooked
1 can Cream of Mushroom soup
2 3/4 cups boiling water
1/3 cup Soy Sauce
1 lb ground beef
3/4 tsp salt

Add 3/4 cup rice and 3/4 tsp salt to 2 3/4 cups boiling water (DO NOT COOK RICE!!). Cover rice and turn off the stove. Brown ground beef with onions and celery. Mix everything together in a 2 1/2 quart casserole dish and bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.