Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Trying yet another new recipe tonight!

Tonight we are going to have Baked Breast of Chicken Excelsior. It's another new dish we are trying. I've been in a mood lately to try new things. Here is the recipe - I'll let you know how it turns out.

Baked Breast of Chicken Excelsior

8 oz chicken breast halves, boned & skinned
1/2 cup butter, melted
garlic salt, to taste
1 tsp paprika
3 TBSP lemon juice
1 cup sour cream, room temperature
1/2 cup sherry or broth (I use San Antonio Winery sherry)
8 oz canned mushroom pieces
dash of pepper

Preheat over to 375 degrees F. Sprinkle chicken with garlic salt to taste. Mix together melted butter, paprika and lemon juice. Brush chicken well with butter mixture and place in shallow baking pan. Bake, tented with foil, for about 30 minutes or until tender, brushing with remaining butter mixture occasionally to keep chicken from drying out. In a bowl, blend together sour cream, sherry or broth, mushrooms and pepper. Pour over chicken and back for 15 more minutes.

UPDATE: This was FANTASTIC!!! My MIL and DH raved about it - it was just the 3 of us tonight for dinner. I think when Doug gets home and eats dinner, this dish will move into his "Top 5". His "Top 5" favorites are constantly changing anymore! lol I like dishes that taste like you spent a lot of time cooking when in reality, they are pretty simple. Next time I make this I think I will add thin slices of Monterey Jack cheese to the top of the chicken for the last 15 minutes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

visitors since 02/08/09.